Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Stir Fry

I know that recipe title sounds gross. I didn't tell Mark what was he was eating until after he told me it was delicious. I sauteed some pre-cut hormone-free beef strips, along with a red onion, red pepper, and green pepper, and added some boiled broccoli when the veggies and meat are tender. Then I added this peanut sauce recipe adapted from Nourishing Traditions:

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
minced fresh ginger
1/2 T EVOO
about a half of a cup of peanut butter (start with less and add to taste)
1/3 c naturally fermented soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1/2 c chicken stock

Whisk together all ingredients except the stock and heat over low heat. Gradually add stock. Done!

This will make for a great cold lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment