Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 9: Headbands = Best friends

One of my students said to me today, "Mrs. Massaro, you have a bun!" Now, if you knew this student, your initial thought may have been the same as mine, "Oh Lord! Why is he checking out my butt?!" But then he finished his thought and said, "Are you trying to be a librarian or something??" Of course. How silly of me to think he meant otherwise. Anyhow, I wore my hair in a bun, as ponytails showing off curls are off limits at this point. I put on a cute gold headband, and I don't think anyone noticed that I wasn't bouncing and shining everywhere. I didn't even wet my hair this morning. I showered and scrunched my misted hair, and put it up. Not bad. I have no idea how it smells though. I have renewed hope though. I can get through tomorrow. I know I can. Then, I have at least three days to mess around where no one will see me.

On an endearing note, one of my sweet ones has decided to go no 'poo with me. I don't know if/how long it will last, but he's doing the wet cloth method, which is basically "combing" your hair with a wet cloth about 100x all around so that the oils are evenly distributed. I do the same thing, only I use my hand as a cloth. Works just as well, I'd guess. I have to say though, I was a little jealous when I saw his hair. It was really shiny and didn't look greasy, and he's on day 5. Short hair has its advantages...

No comments:

Post a Comment