Thursday, April 30, 2009

Green Fish Sauce


Ever inspired by Vehement Flame, I set out to make her salmon cakes. Well, they turned into a totally different based, but I would venture to say equally as tasty. I breaded white fish - halibut and sole, as both were on sale at WF - first dipped in egg, then in flour with some paprika thrown in, then in flaked coconut. I fried those babies up in coconut oil while I made a green sauce to go over them. I didn't intend for it to be so...green, but I guess that's what cilantro will do to coconut oil! It was simple, powerfully tasty, and very refreshing on a warm night, as the crisp flavors match a white fish well.

1/2 bunch of cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1/2 c pineapple
1/2 c coconut milk
1 t sea salt
pinch cayenne

Blend all ingredients in blender. Serve over white fish with dirty rice

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! Nice! I love the green sauce- food should have color- that's real not from a lab! although your house is a lab!:)

    ReplyDelete