Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mushroom Quinoa Casserole


This is another one of my inventions. It was borne out of necessity, really. I soaked two extra cups of quinoa, and had a pound of mushrooms from that fantastic Lambert's run. We also had some extra white wine that our relocating friends handed off to us (yes, I know most people would drink the wine, but I prefer to cook with it!). I thought this turned out fantastically! Now, it's not incredibly photogenic, but you have to trust me on this one. The flavors meld very well, and the texture is very fun, so have at it!

*Disclaimer: I am NOT a measurer, so these are my best guestimates. If the proportions look off while you're making the meal, please adjust accordingly.

2 cups soaked (or at least rinsed) quinoa
2 cups small mushrooms, sliced
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 c diced dried apples
2 T sage
dash of oregano and basil
1 T lemon juice
butter
3 cloves of garlic

Saute mushrooms in butter. Add garlic for several minutes. Add stock and wine, and bring to boil. Mix in quinoa, dried apples, sage, and lemon juice. Simmer until liquid is reduced. Season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment