Monday, February 16, 2009

Cesar Salad Dressing

This one's for you, VF!

I have to say, I almost wanted to eat this out of the jar, but we had guests, and well, I think they already thought my fermenting millet, dosa mixture, kefir, and coconut chutney were strange enough...

Makes 3/4 cups
1/2 c olive oil
1 raw egg yolk
1 t raw apple cider vinegar
1 T raw finely grated parmesan cheese
1 T flax oil
5 cloves of garlic
2 anchovy fillets (more are good too!)
1/2 - 1 t dijon mustard (Mark thought 1 t was too spicy!)
1 T lemon juice

Whisk well. Dress salad with shaved parmesan cheese, and homemade croutons.

For croutons:
2 pieces of sourdough bread
3 T melted butter
1/4 t paprika
1 clove garlic
1 t Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, rosemary)

Brush bread with remaining ingredients and cook at 200 degrees for about an hour or until dried out. You may have to flip them over if you make them in the toaster oven.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! When I was preg with #3 I ate cesar salad for a whole month- nothing but. I would eat like 3 whole heads of romaine a day. Insane! But that's another story...I'm definatly leaning towards the seperated at birth theory:)

    ReplyDelete