Monday, January 12, 2009

Lentil Pecan Patties

Because of the new food processor, I've been trying all the recipes that I've been drooling over for the past year, and I haven't been disappointed! These were almost as good as the nut butter. I would take a picture but Mark has the camera in Costa Rica. So I've been cooking for my coworkers, which, though time consuming, is very personally satisfying. I'm considering scratching the MFA and just being a personal healthy lifestyle coach. Do they exist? Anyway, the Lentil Pecan Patties.

Soak the lentils in warm water with a T of whey. You're supposed to rinse 3x a day and let them sprout for extra nutrients but I couldn't handle that this weekend. So I just let them sit for 24 hours. When they were done, I pulsed them in the blender until they became a thick paste.

Next, I sauteed an onion in butter til it was soft. I added the onion and lentil paste to:
grated lemon rind
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of crispy pecans
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 t sea salt
1/4 t cayenne
1/2 t thyme
1 t dry mustard
and 2 cups whole grain bread crumbs.

As I am typing out this recipe, I realized I goofed. I was supposed to roll all of the ingredients in balls, and then roll in bread crumbs. I just threw them all together and sauteed lightly in olive oil until they were crispy. I loved them. The next night I decided to add some sour cream sauce and serve with ginger carrots. Again - best meal I've had in so long!!

Sour Cream Sauce
1/2 c creme fraiche
1 egg yolk (only use organic, fresh eggs)
1/8 c OO
1/8 c raw apple cider vinegar
1 t dijon mustard
dash sea salt
dash pepper

Wisk up! Serve with lentil patties.

No comments:

Post a Comment