Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blender Gingerbread Pancakes

Pancakes and blenders aren't two words I normally associate with one another. However, when I read Lindsay's post over at Passionate Homemaking, I knew I had to try. No grinding of flour? Just one dish to wash? Gingerbread for breakfast? Count me in!

I barely have any modifications to the recipe. I used 3 T molasses, instead of 3.5, because as I watched the thick, pungent brown syrup drop into the blender, I got a little worried that Mark might think it was too strong. (He didn't.) I also tried using coconut oil in my skillet to cook the pancakes, but got a better result with butter.

I served the pancakes with a little maple syrup and some yogurt. Next time, I think I'll use some of the sweet cream topping I made for the crepes. If I was really good, I'd make my own whipped cream, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the cream from our delicious raw milk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment