Thursday, May 15, 2008
No Poo - Day 65
Hard to believe for 65 days (in a row, mind you) I have not used any commercial products on my hair. I wanted to keep up the experiment at least until to my trip to Europe, and I think it is safe to say I have done so. A few things I have learned...
1. My daily confidence level is directly correlated with the condition of my hair.
2. I am proud of my persistence and ability to take ridicule, criticism, bad days, and querulous looks.
3. Baking soda actually cleans your hair.
4. Apple cider vinegar doesn't smell when it dries.
5. White flakes are from overactive sebum glands, so brushing curly hair a few times a week pays huge dividends in dispersing oil trapped at the crown of the head.
6. Honey makes my scalp sticky. (No, this is not common sense.)
7. The more I leave my hair alone, the better it looks.
8. Washing in the evening, with enough time for my hair to dry naturally is ideal. Somehow, it looks better after sleeping on it when it's first been cleaned.
9. People are very set in their ways about what "clean" is, and they are not shy about letting you know that they think you're nuts if you don't fully agree.
10. You'll never know how things will turn out unless you try.
Posted by Emerald Green