Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken

Mark said that I made the "best dinner of my life" tonight, so I had to share. I can't take credit for the recipe, nor will I repost it here. However, I will say that it was easy, frugal, nutritious and DELICIOUS! You can find the recipe at A Good Appetite.

On the menu:
Oven Baked "Fried" Chicken
  • We used split chicken breasts with the bone in. I've been experiencing some pretty nasty food aversions during my first trimester, so Mark's been doing the food shopping and I am grateful. I normally wouldn't buy Roche Bros. chicken, but it was $.89 a pound and it tasted really good so I'm not stressing too much.
Green beans sauteed in garlic, olive oil, and butter

Kale and caramelized onions

Gluten-free corn muffins
  • I modified this by quartering the recipe and making 6 muffins instead of skillet bread. I also subbed butter for the oil.
I highly recommend heading over to A Good Appetite for this recipe!

1 comment:

  1. First trimester???? What???? Oh my goodness! So happy for you! And I hear you on the food aversions. I couldn't go to the grocery store either!

    ReplyDelete