Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yogurt Parfait

This is my quick and easy on-the-go lunch. It happens to be a favorite of one of my coworkers as well! I try to buy yogurt that has the shortest list of ingredients. The only things in your yogurt should be milk, active cultures, and perhaps a natural sweetener like organic vanilla or maple syrup. No inulin, no FOS, no HFCS, and no synthetic vitamin D3. Whole Foods sells quite a few good brands, including Seven Stars Farm, and Hawthorne Farms. The Canadian yogurt Liberte is also very good and pure (two ingredients: milk, bacterial cultures).

1 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt
1/4 c dried, unsweetened coconut
handful of crispy nuts
a few raisins or cut up dried unsweetened apricots or figs
1 T cocoa or carob powder

and anything else that might taste good! (banana, fresh fruit in the summer)

I just mix these all together, and enjoy for an easy, filling lunch. Usually, I put the yogurt in a container, and layer the other ingredients on top, so the nuts don't touch the yogurt until I'm ready to eat it. It's an OCD thing, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment