Friday, December 26, 2008

Pecan Pie

I've been a bad blogger. I know. With the holidays and my MFA applications and a trip to Florida, life has been anything but routine. But here I sit, making bread, garlic soup, and minestrone soup for guests tonight. Yesterday, I baked my very first pecan pie! I wish I had taken a picture of it - it was beautiful, and it actually tasted pretty good too!

Here's the recipe:

Pecan Pie

1 flaky pie crust (see later post)
4 T soft butter
3 eggs
1/2 c sugar
2 T creme fraiche
grated rind of 1 lemon
1 T vanilla
1 T arrowroot powder
2 cups crispy pecans

Line pie pan with crust.

Cream butter with eggs and sugar.

Beat in creme fraiche, vanilla, lemon rind, and arrowroot.

Fold in pecans.

Pour into pie shell and bake 35 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees.




Mark is going away to Chile for 2 weeks, so I'm planning on turning the kitchen into a science experiment. I promise I'll post more then!

No comments:

Post a Comment